[OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer]
The cornerstone of the TEBCO® OEM Module is the PC-compatible printed circuit board 5.5" x 9.1" x 0.6" (140 x 231 x 15.2 mm)
To find more about the Thoracic Electrical Bioimpedance technology, go to TEB Basics and References
TEBCO® measures continuously and noninvasively 10 cardiodynamic parameters:
Cardiac Index [CI], Heart Rate [HR], Stroke Index [SI], Ejection Phase Contractility Index [EPCI], Inotropic State Index [ISI], Ejection Fraction estimate [EF], Ventricular Ejection Time [VET], Pre-Ejection Period [PEP], Thoracic Fluids Conductivity [TFC] and Respiratory Rate [RR].
TEBCO® employs all-digital data processing for both ECG and TEB signals.
TEBCO's patient interface is 8 solid-gel disposable electrodes placed on neck & thorax:
Four digitized analog signals (ECG, dZ/dt, Z and rate of respiration) and digital data of the 10 parameters listed above are transmitted from TEBCO® to the host system via an optoisolated USB port in packets every 20 msec @ 9600 baud.
TEBCO's TEB measurement current is only (= 0.007 mA) @ 65 kHz, which is two to three decimal orders of magnitude lower than any other TEB product currently on the market.
If you want to get familiar with hemodynamics, the hierarchy of hemodynamic modulation and the importance of TEBCO®-measured parameters, go to Hemodynamics in a Nutshell
Since TEBCO® exhibits the same clinical accuracy for measurement of cardiac output as the highly invasive, expensive and risky Thermodilution catheter, it may become a noninvasive alternative to this method in many clinical applications.
Use of TEBCO® to measure cardiac output noninvasively can result in significant savings when compared to the invasive thermodilution catheter and in significantly better economics in comparison to other TEB/ICG products..
Click here if you want to view TEBCO® Specifications.
- TEBCO® OEM Module contains the software and the Operator's Manual on a CD-ROM. The software on the CD-ROM provides standard TEBCO® data display. The user can write his own data capture and display software based upon the TEBCO® Communication Protocol, described in the Manual.
- TEBCO® can be added as an OEM component to any existing
patient monitor, ventilator, anesthesia machine, hemodialysis unit or other cardiovascular
instrumentation to upgrade them by a noninvasive cardiac output feature: It
uses only +5V and GROUND from the host system to power directly the RS-232 communication
circuitry or USB Port and, through isolated DC-to-DC converters, the patient circuitry.
For the data communication to the host system, it uses a standard 9-pin RS-232 connector
- TEBCO® can be incorporated as an OEM component into any new cardiovascular instrumentation.
- Placing the TEBCO® OEM Module anywhere within the host system, installing the software and providing DC power and RS-232 connection, it converts a PC/host system into a low-cost, noninvasive cardiac output and left-ventricular parameters monitor. a USB Port.
- When the Stroke Index measured by TEBCO® and the blood pressure measured by an occlusive cuff are used as inputs to the HEMO SAPIENS' Slide Rule for Hemodynamic Management, the Slide Rule instantaneously determines (a) the percentage deviation in blood pressure from normotension and blood flow from normodynamic circulation, (b) the percentage deviations in the hemodynamic causes of the observed abnormal hemodynamic state, i.e., the combined deviation in (intravascular volume ± inotropy) from normo(volemia ± inotropy), in vasoactivity from normovasoactivity and in chronotropy from normochronotropy. This noninvasive approach may become a new standard and an important tool for rapid management of patients with hypertension and congestive heart failure, thus allowing to reduce the duration of therapy and to save money on antihypertensive drugs through identifying precise, patient-specific drug(s) and/or their combination and titration. This approach leads to improvement of the quality of care.
The TEBCO® OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Module contains the TEBCO® printed circuit board,, Windows data display software on a CD-ROM, Operator's Manual, patient cable + leads, a sample bag of solid gel TEB electrodes and the Slide Rule for Hemodynamic Management of Adults.
For pricing information on TEBCO® OEM Module, go to HOW TO PURCHASE